I recently attended a tele-seminar about being your own voice in your writing, given by The Writing Whisperer, and one of the take aways was a reminder that people want to work with PEOPLE. Meaning, even in your copy you have to let your light shine through. You have to be yourself in order for people to want to get to know you and like you. And as a previous corporate America worker, that is often hard to do without sounding dull and boring.
So at her advice, I decided to share s little bit about myself with you, in honor of MY BIRTHDAY!!! Can you believe I’ll be 25 AGAIN this year? 😉
Here are 25 things that I bet you didn’t know about me…
1. I got married at 25 but secretly never thought I would.
2. I am a military kid, which means I lived in five different states before I turned seven.
3. One of the states I lived in as a child was Hawaii – and I remember it!
4. I REALLY want an aquarium in my next house. They are just so peaceful. Do you think I can get Fish Tank to build it for me?
5. I am DEATHLY afraid of heights.
6. My first car was a stick shift, and my last one will be too.
7. I have a thing for Nascar racing and air force jets. Must be the speed.
8. If you don’t already know I LOVE BUTTERFLIES!
9. I think hair is overrated, yet mine must be done at all times.
10. Shoes and purses ARE NOTHING BUT THE DEVIL to me (in the voice of Bobby Boucher’s mom). I won’t even tell you how many I own.
11. I absolutely love to dance! Especially tap. It’s a really great workout.
12. I love to sing as loud as I can, (but really can’t sing ssshhh). My car is my personal recording studio.
13. I always wanted to be an actress. No really – I took a class and everything.
14. I don’t really have a middle name. Yep the T is for my maiden name. My mom said nothing sounded good with Sherrell.
15. I was interviewed on Fox 5 DC news for the 3D sonograms way back when. I still have the VHS tape to prove it.
16. I am really a computer geek with financial know how.
17. I have started and stopped writing a fiction novel at least 3 times. One day I’ll finish it.
18. I enjoying signing (sign language). I need to brush up on it though. I think I forgot alot of it.
19. I have lived in the DMV most of my life (after age 7) and has never been to the White House.
20. I have never been to Disney World. I was deprived. LOL
21. I learned how to ride my bike and roller skate at the same time. Grade 6.
22. I would go on dancing with the stars…if I were a star. LOL
23. I am extremely sensitive. I will cry at anything.
24. I would give anything to hear my grandfather say one more time “Hey Sherrell!” I miss him.
25. I have the best husband in America. 🙂
So there you have it. 25 things to get you to like me just a little bit more. What are 25 things you can tell me about you? Share one below!
All rights reserved. © 2013