Accounting and Bookkeeping Positions Available with Fast Growing Company
Are you in search of a challenging yet rewarding career in the accounting field? Looking to expand your expertise and be a part of a dynamic team? View our current openings below.
Accounting Specialist I (Part-Time)
Do you love working with small businesses and helping them grow their business beyond their wildest imagination? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that allows you to solve financial problems (yes math) while simultaneously working with the latest and greatest SAAS applications? And did I mention you can work from the comfort of your home or in a super cool collaborative office space? Interested? Then read on.
Starting a new job can be exciting and scary at the same time. You’re going to want answers to help determine if this is the right place for you. So before we get into the nitty-gritty of the job and what it entails, here’s some insight into who we are at the core. And if you’re still excited about being on the team, then be sure to apply.
Nitram Financial Solutions embraces the idea that technology plus productivity equals profitability. We work as a team towards our mission of helping business owners thrive financially in life and in business.
We operate 100% in the cloud as technology is our friend and efficiency is our goal. We are smart, tech-savvy and sociable money gals and guys who provide financial peace of mind while educating business owners on how to run a financially healthy business. We do this by getting to know each and every client, not just their businesses.
Our Core Values
- Know Your Numbers – We teach and train our clients and other business owners on how to read and understand their financial landscape. We don’t hoard the information.
- Trust The Process – We know accounting, but we LOVE the technology. Change is good.
- Think Bigger – Don’t be basic. Think outside of the box and be innovative.
- Share the Wealth – Make a difference. Everyone should be financially comfortable.
- Play as a Team – Be communicative and collaborative with clients and the team. However, don’t be afraid to take charge and get it done.
- It’s not rocket science – We make accounting easy. It has to and does make sense.
Who You Are (read: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- You have an Accounting degree in your back pocket. You know accounting principles and have good analytical skills.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in accounting. You are not new to this game. You have worked with small business owners of various types on a myriad of things. You know your way around an accounting software and a general ledger.
- You get all geeked out about numbers. They tell the stories and keep us balanced.
- You get all geeked out about technology. Doesn’t matter if you are #teamapple or #teamandroid you truly believe there’s an app for that! And proficiency in using QuickBooks and G Suite are a must (other SAAS are a plus).
- You have a keen eye for detail. Whether it’s a giant “LOOK HERE” sign, you know something is way out of balance, or an itty bitty ladybug, like being off by .02 cents, you will see it. You don’t miss a thing.
- You can play well with the others or work on your own. While you are able to focus and “get it done” you also thrive in situations where you can collaborate with others, create an action plan then divide and conquer. You also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Eager to expand your abilities and skill set. Often times things come up that require additional hands on deck. You are willing to get in where you can fit in to help out and you may learn something new along the way.
- You have strong organizational and follow-up skills. There are many deadlines for accountants to be in compliance with. You are able to stay on task and on time and ensure that deadlines are met.
- You juggle all the things and multi-task well by taking initiative to identify outstanding tasks and see them through to completion.
How you will shine bright
- Perform all work according to applicable rules and regulations including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements, and organization policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate client monthly bookkeeping data entry using after-the-fact accounting and real-time accounting, including write-up for your own book of clients.
- Client set-up in software, including Chart of Accounts, Customers and Vendors
- Reconciles cash and credit card accounts (including Paypal).
- Receives and applies customer payments, promptly researches any discrepancies, performs reconciliations as necessary, and records deposits in a timely manner.
- Receives and applies vendor payments, promptly researches any discrepancies, performs reconciliations as necessary, and bill payment runs by check or other ACH.
- Ensure proper documentation received and coded for job costing and expense reports, where applicable.
- Communicates account information with management to ensure processing is accurate and accounts are current.
- Analyze general ledger accounts and account variances. Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Familiar with sales and payroll tax.
- Process payroll using third-party vendor applications.
- Use SAAS applications to aid in accurate financial record-keeping.
- Use accounting software to prepare monthly financial reports for management.
- Assist accounting manager with the ongoing maintenance of accounting and accounting control policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Offer
- Flexible hours
- Paid vacation and holidays, including a 5 day Christmas break
- Laptop and monitor provided
- Relaxed atmosphere (read no micromanaging)
How to Apply
- Answer these questions in advance. This is to speed up the process. Questionnaire
- Submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Applications without a cover letter will be disregarded. A link will be provided at the end of the questionnaire.
- Take bookkeeping assessment.
- For those who make it past this point, an interview will be scheduled via video conference along with a quick live demo showcasing your skills.
Still interested in joining the team? Click here to get started!